Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



walls closing in...must escape...no way out...i'm melting... 12.17.88

My life is going down the drain, basically. Today I had a ronchy fight with my mom and dad. They bug the poop outta me! They rank on me all the time and invade my privacy. I really can't stand it here. I feel so closed in. The anger just fills me up so bad. After the fight I went jogging - I didn't care where.

Nate was suppozed to come home from college today but had car trouble and my dad's going to get him.

And I was hoping to see Matt today at the mall but didn't.

I'm 2 days behind in my homework.


I have to get out of here. It's driving me crazy. My parents don't have one good word to say. I asked mom of she and dad are getting a divorce. She sez not.

Ben's treating me like an insect. He's such a geek! I'm so glad I found Matt. Now he has to find me! Better scram.


PS I YMatt 4 - ever no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment