Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



Ewwwww! Grossssss! -- 01.02.89

So, I totally meant to write in here about this way nasty class we had before break, but I hadn't found a good enough hiding place for this diary. Now, I found a great place where there is still carpet in my closet but I ripped up the rest in my room, so I can totally slide this diary underneath the old closet carpet and you can't even see it!

Joey was in this health class I had to take this semester. My brother told Joey to watch out for me this year. He sits on my right and R. sits on my left. So, we pretty much goof off the whole time and pass notes in class.

Our teacher is cool; she's the volleyball coach. And, she's very like tough and says everything just like it is. So, when she said we had to have a s-e-x ed class, I thought we would just get the basics, like where babies are from, and we'd be done. NOOoooo. It was MASS embarrassing!

First, she tells us all about all this stuff you have to use. I'm not KIDDING. I am staying a virgin til I DIE. Then, she gets out this stupid banana and puts a U KNOW WHAT on it! It had a little hat thing and everything. I could have DIED. Both Roger and Joey were shaking because I kept gasping and then putting my hand over my eyes. It was HUMILIATING. And then she talked about stuff I have never heard before. I can't even remember all of it because I tried to think of something else.

Finally, at the end of class, I leaned over to Joey, and I whispered, "What was she TALKING about? What is that?" And he totally goes, "If you don't know that by NOW, I'm sure as hell not going to be the one to tell you."

Will someone please just let the portable swallow me up now? I am SO glad we had break right after that class. Now I can pretend like it never happened. It was the WORST. Because, not only was I so embarrassed, but apparently I'm the only stupid person on the planet who knows nothing about this stuff! UGH! GUH!

Yet ANOTHER reason to transfer to THS. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment