Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



Partying, cuz like it's 1989! -- 01.01.89

Happy NEW YEAR! I love the new year, starting over! All that possibility! I rang in the new year babysitting: no parties, no sleepovers, no dances, no boyfriend to kiss. So my first resolution is to actually have a social life in 1989!

Here are the rest of my resolutions:
1. Lose 30 pounds in two months (15 Jan, 15 Feb).
2. Go to Timberline.
3. Become good friends with Matt.
4. Have a boyfriend (ideally, Matt).
5. Earn money to buy tons of new clothes.
6. Get good grades - at least 3.8 GPA
7. Plan a homework schedule and keep up with it.
8. Get along with my parents (that's going to take the most work).
9. Learn to ski.
10. Save money for a formal gown to go to May dance. (The one I want is 199.00, and that's on sale.)

11. HAVE A BLAST IN 1989!!!

I really gotta scram, jam, whatever! (I love these colored pens. Sooooo fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment