Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



giving thanks - 11.24.88

Thanksgiving. I had mass fun visiting Nate at college. It was pretty cool. And, I totally stole his Swatch! He said I could have it because I wore it the whole time I was there.

It's way too bad I wasn't born 4 or 5 years earlier. All of the great, mature guys are bunches older than me. One of Nate's roommates was asking me what I like to do and what I'm studying.

Nate was all like, "She's my sister, you moron!" And then my stupid big brother had to tell his roommate how old I am. What an IDIOT.

So his roommate goes, "Just think, when you were born, I was nine years old." He was so buff! And, he was a return missionary.

I started to say, "That doesn't bother ME," but Nate totally gave me a noogie and made me shut up.

And, I got Nate in trouble with his girlfriend because her friend saw me and Nate together at the bank (he was hugging me because I brought a check for him from mom and dad) and his girlfriend's friend was all calling her and telling her Nate was cheating on her and I had to show her my student ID with my name and everything. It was HILARIOUS.

I am serious, though, I have to stop thinking about guys before I get myself in trouble. I mean it! I haven't even kissed anyone for real yet, but I am already in trouble with God cuz He knows my thoughts and in my thoughts I am not as righteous as I need to be, to say the least.

(I still want someone to kiss my collar bones! But, I need to repent for that because it occurs to me how would someone go about kissing my collar bones without it being some kind of a nicmo? [A nicmo is Ben's word for non-commital make out session] But, aren't nicmos ok as long as no one has to do a hand check?

I'm not exactly sure what is involved in a nicmo but I'm afraid to ask Ben and Charles because they will just laugh about the tongue-in-the-ear fiasco and I CANNOT ask Nate or he will lock me away in my room and toss the key in the toilet).

Since it is Thanksgiving, I should mention what I'm thankful for:
1. My big brother, who by moving away to college has lifted the curse of the older brother
2. Incredibly buff and righteous return missionaries who think I'm older than 14
3. My friends, especially Anna, Charles, Ben (sigh) and Phoebe
4. My parents, who flew me down to visit Nate at school even though I can be a total wench
5. The possibility of transferring so I won't be the FF Poppy anymore
6. My new Swatch (wink, wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment