Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



a little extra holiday weight - 12.27.88

fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat fat

Did i say i am crazed for shortbread? not so very pleasant after ingesting, like, a whole tin. a moment on the lips, and forever shaking around my butt. UGH! GUH! Now, when I run I feel little shortbread cookies clinging to my hips, yelling, "Hell no, we won't go!"

1988 is going to be over soon and I'm babysitting on New Year's Eve. Sooooo exciting.

Charles asked me out today but i said no because - i don't know - i'm just so sad and messed up. He is truly an incredible person. Why ruin it? We've been friends since we were like, 3, or something. He says I was really bossy when we were little. He'd come play at my house and I made him kiss me before he could leave. What a little trollop I was.

I wonder when I'll finally kiss someone for real. must stop eating shortbread...ooooooh shortbread. it is never far from my mind. just like guys and religion, believe it or not.

I lost my contact down the sink, so I have one brown eye and one green eye. so0ooOOoo prettyfulous.

I saw RS at the mall today. He's sooo gross, a total perv! But good looking. It's so weird; I finally feel like I've created a niche at NTHS and now I'm not sure I want to leave. What if THS just ruins everything? What if my credits get screwed up and I have no friends and my life goes down the tubes, what then?

I just want to be happy but it seems like a full time job, and one I'm not very good at yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment