Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



ILWB syndrome strikes again *sigh* 03.01.89

Somehow, tonight's YM/YW activity migrated to Charles and Ben's house. So, Phoebe and me and Charles and Ben all chilled together.


Phoebe's hair was especially voluminous tonight. Even bigger and curlier than usual. *sigh* AND she is so confident and flirty. **double sigh**
She doesn't use Aquanet. She uses Sebastian. I got my hair done at the salon she goes to and they use it there. It smells really good, but it's really expensive. My Aquanet costs only .89 per can!


So, tonight Ben mostly talked to Phoebe. Charles and I talked more about our plans together. I was making an effort toward my goal of being quieter and sweeter and more of a listener.


So, then Ben and Charles were mimicking Dana Carvey as The Church Lady on Saturday Night Live and then they jumped like fishes or something. It wuz so funny!


I tried to be refined, but then Ben said to me, "Just let yourself laugh. You look funny when you try not to." It wuz a wierd combo insult/compliment. It was an insulment. I just made that up! HAH.


Then, Phoebe had to go home. Too bad! (Hee hee. I love having Ben and Charles to myself... Isn't that awful?) But my parents don't care how long I stay out if I'm with Ben and Charles. HAH. So, Ben and Charles ratted my hair until it was HUGE. Take THAT, Phoebe!

The Brothers of Greenlawn Street (and the Super Cool Little Sis)

P.S. UH OH! Tonight wuz mass fun, and I think I'm still suffering from ILWB disease. WHAT is this strange hold he has over every girl within a 20 mile radius? WHERE is the antidote!?

2 comments:

  1. What is that on the brothers greenlawns' heads? Did that kind of head gear make the ladies swoon in 1987? And Charles has got some pretty awesome high pants on.

    ReplyDelete