Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



i am, but i'm not, but i act like one, but i'm not....03.28.1989

Last night M. came over and then we went to her house. Charles was there and being really horny, for Charles anyway. We were holding hands and he played with my hair but he got his hand got stuck because of all the hair spray. He was leaning against me while we talked. We get along so well!

R. just called me back. We talked for about a half hour. He seemed, like, really surprised by how I a really am. That kinda sucks. I guess Charles is portraying me to R. as some sweet, innocent kid. I'm not! I like guys and parties and all that stuff!

Well, I guess deep down inside I am still pretty innocent. But R. got my fake me: partier, guys... (at least I hope that me is fake). Actually, that me is pretty fake, considering I haven't really kissed anyone yet and I haven't really been to a party that didn't involve some kind of cake and ice cream...

I'm not sure why I think about R sometimes just out of the blue. Mostly at school I think about Sam and Craig (mostly Sam) and how to avoid Matt but still attract his attention. School is pretty fun cuz in 4 out of 6 classes, I find some guy in there attractive, which makes the period more interesting.

Anyway, I never dreamed that I would have more guy friends than I do girls. I'm trying to be outgoing and stuff but I know a lot of people think I'm a snob. Sometimes I TRY to act like a snob just for the hell of it. (YES, I just SWORE!) Did I mention my drama teacher is finally back?

1 comment:

  1. Came across your site via Google. As a child of the 80s, I find nostalgia for meaningless (and meaningful) things that occurred in high school entertaining.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete