Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



of course, LIFE IS OVER because ski (boys) school is... 03.04.89

My last week of ski school! whoah! I'm really DEPRESSED! These have been the best eight Saturdays of my life!

I love skiing! Not only is it the greatest sport in the world, it's a great way to meet people. And by people I mean gorgeous guys! (of course)

Mom and me had a fight this morning (of course). It's part of our daily routine. So I was in a pissy mood. When I talked to Mac and Liam later, they said when I got out of the car I was all snobbed out - and (of course) I apologized. How nice of me. Okay. Anyway.

Mac Haroldsen and confusing mean virtually the same thing! I don't understand him; I never will! I got on the ski bus this morning and right away we played our little eye contact games, only he was in an obscene mood.

I tried not to think about Ben calling him a perverted moron, but I couldn't help it, a little. Who cares though? He is so FINE. Besides, it was funny. I was mass hyper. What can I say? We always have fun.

Then, Mac and Liam invited me to ski with them. So me and Mac rode the chair lifts together all day. On the doubles where it was just me and him, he would be real sweet and sometimes he would lay down in my lap and play with my hair.

He started singing the gross song about grandmas setting each other on fire and he made them homosexual grandmas so I broke in and changed it around so that the two grandmas were eating pop-tarts (ski bus essentials) and drinking tea by the fire. Stupid, yes. But it cracked Mac up.

I'm really paranoid about chair lifts. I HATE getting on and off. So everytime, we got on he'd try to push me out of the way so I'd be scared and grab at him. And then when we'd get off he'd try to run me over so I'd be mad but cracking up at the same time.

He said he loves making me mad at him. Guys are so weird.

When we rode with Liam and Sean on the quads, we'd sit beside each other in the middle and bump back and forth to cheeze Liam off. fun, cuz Liam's not uptight, he just acts like he is to cheeze Mac off. And they're best friends. HILARIOUS!

Me and Liam went inside the lodge after about three hours of skiing cuz the weather wuz really bad. When Mac finaally came back, I wuz dressed in my street clothes and I did my hair and make-up and everything! So, of course, Mac walks in and starts tickling me and totally gives me a noogie! He hugs me a lot, in weird ways.

So, there goes my hair.

We get down to wait for the ski bus and I'm just a little hacked off about my hair. So I run up behind Mac and tackle him into a snow bank. I whitewash his face with snow but he gets me back: BAD.

By the time he's done, my make-up is running small various rivers of color down my face. To be plain, I liked like total CRAP. So I follow after him, climbing farther up the snow bank.

He takes one look at my messed up face and goes: Truce?

I stare down a block of snow at my feet that would make one AWESOME snowball. But I go: Yeah.

So I start to walk off to find Liam so he'll beat up on Mac for getting me all soaked and gross. Anyway, all of a sudden this hard, huge snowball hits me smack dab on the thigh and I couldn't help it, I totally jumped and yelped! It didn't hurt so much as totally surprised me. I give Mac my best stink eye, and he just grins a (can I say this?) horny grin.

A little later, I'm innocently talking to Liam and Mac comes running up and tackles me into the snow. I holler a lot, but I love it and Mac knows it. He's so tan and muscular and blond with these bright blue eyes. But by this time I'm really cold so he gives me his coat. And we all head back to the buses.

We're all sitting on the bus, downing junk food, and I'm yelling at Mac because I'm such a mess and he just grins at me and asks me if I'm gonna sit with him. I don't say anything and go back to trying to fix my hair. Cuz he talked today about some girl he likes and so I'm a little confused because he was totally flirting with me all day.

Anyway, he asks me two more times before I finally go back there. So then he asks me to rub lotion into his legs. I tell him no, but then I do but only to the knee, even though he tells me to go higher.

There goes my memory of Ben in my head (completely unwelcome right now, thank you very much) and imaginary Ben is saying, "Perverted moron, perverted moron."

So I just make it quick and I don't look at Mac at all because I know he's watching me for who knows what reason. Then he wants a foot massage. I tell him he's spoiled. He just grins. And Ben pops into my head, "Perverted moron, perverted moron." But Mac has really nice legs! And let's just say I'm blessed with good hands.

But I'm hyper this whole time cuz I don't want Mac and Liam to think I'm a strumpet. And my jeans are soaking wet and I'm getting cold. I'm the only girl on the whole back of the bus. So, I steal Mac's comforter that we're using and go to a different seat to change.

I get real embarrassed cuz these guys are watching me and my black Levis are really wet and pegged so they won't come off. So Liam offers to help. It's my turn to just grin. I keep myself covered with the comforter the whole time but Mac keeps catcalling and so I hurry, but it's difficult because I'm laughing and trying to get clothes on and hold a comforter all at the same time, and I'm not that coordinated to begin with!

So back in the back me and Mac and Liam spazz out but eventually we start to get quiet, and then out of the blue, Mac pulls me down so my head is resting on his chest and he's running his hand down my arm and suddenly it's very comfortable and I start to fall asleep. So now my legs are in Liam's lap and he's playing with my feet.

I felt really weird because I haven't even had my first kiss yet and here I am practically sleeping on this guy that I think is so gorgeous and so I tried to talk to make it more normal and like we're just friends but Mac just smiles and that's it.

So, now's the confusing part. He likes some girl. So what was all that about? Maybe guys like Mac just flirt with whoever is around. Who knows? Oh well! We go to different high schools so it's not like I have to worry about it. Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment