Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



Cruizin, dancin, tacky-ness, and polygamy (in that order) 03.16.89

I wuz just sitting down to write in here and guess what? R. called me! Cutie, sweetie, my lover (hardy har har) R.P. - Whoah!

Well, anyway, I never wrote about this weekend, cuz I wuz cathing up on last weekend. THIS weekend me and Charles and Ben goofed around. They were supposed to take me home but instead we went cruizin downtown. I had a BLAST.

On Saturday, I went to a choir contest and saw a bunch of people from NTHS. It was so cool cuz they totally begged me to come back!

And then I found out that M. and K. like me! Remember how I said I hoped somebody likes me and I just don't know about it? And Corey, too. Dreams do come true.

Of course, I don't like them, or hadn't considered it until now. How come when I like a guy he doesn't know I exist and when some guy finally likes me, I don't really like him except that I like that he likes me?

I can't wait until I'm married and I don't have to think about it anymore. I guess that is what happens. You finally like the same person who likes you and that's it. Before you know it you're married and you have ten kids.

Then, I went to a regional church dance in some cow town. It was sooooooo fun. on the way home, I rode in back with J. and R. They both fell asleep, one on each shoulder.

And J. is this gorgeous, George Michael type guy who was hinting at homecoming. Cool! Not that I can go to homecoming unless we have a chaperone. I'm not going to date until I'm 16. Dad said he might make an exception for prom and homecoming but Mom sez no way.

I think it would be fun to go in a group. Mom sez a group date is still a date and still "out of the question." This is her favorite phrase. Can you see me rolling my eyes right now? But, if we don't go this year, Ben and Charles and me are going to throw a party instead. Which will be mass fun. And their Mom will make bean dip, and I'll bring my stereo with my records, and it will be awesome!

And R. and me got married, too. He proposed on the way home. I said yes. He gave me his Batman ring.
We're going to make it official in Portland at the 24 Hour Church of Elvis. Of course, I'm still going to marry Charles. And maybe R.P. I'm such a polygamist!

Dad wuz all uptight when I got home cuz I caught a ride home with the guys and I got a ride to the dance with K. and her dad. He said it wuz tacky and bad manners to not come home with K. and her dad. And he yelled at me cuz I embarassed him. OH WELL! Dad embarrasses me all the time. That's what families are for.

Then Sunday, I went to M.'s. She told me that R.P. came over Friday night looking for me. How cool! Then we went to a youth fireside for church and I got really hyper on punch and Ben gave me a ride home. Me and Charles were together all night (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment