Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



no (hopes of) physical contact, and i feel fine 03.14.89

I haven't written in sooooooooooo long and SO much has happened!

Last weekend was pretty AWESOME! I went to M.'s early birthday party at Pizza Place. Everybody was sooooooo obnoxious! It wuz great.

I sat by Charles. We've DEFINITELY decided to be psychologists and get married and have lots of kids. A temple marriage, of course, after we go on missions. And we're gonna compose together too. We are so much alike, it's funny!

That was Friday afternoon. Friday evening I babysat for Eve and Nicholas, who are Charles and Ben's little sister and brother. They were such good kids! We chased each other around the house and they ate my dinner even though I dried it out and burnt it. They didn't eat very much, though.

And when Charles and Ben got back, their parents took Ben out to dinner but Charles stayed. Eve and Nicholas were in bed.

I know you won't believe this, but me and Charles studied the scriptures and watched Family Home Evening movies! Never before have I spent that much time with a guy and felt so good about it without any physical contact!

I WUZN'T sitting there the whole time wishing Charles would hold my hand, or play with my hair maybe just sort of walk by and sort of accidentally kiss my collar bones. Nothing!

Charles is very special to me. I cannot and will not see my future without him as a very close friend. And someday maybe more. But for right now, I get sprung over lots of different guys and have a blast, but somewhere inside I am reserved for Charles. Pretty WEIRD.

Anyway, after Ben and his parents came home, they all went to bed and we just hung out. Arm wrestling, talking, throwing those little jelly bean robbins eggs at each other. It's weird to feel only friendship for Ben, but I really do. Every girl at church went through the Ben stage. I guess mine just lasted longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment