Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



time off from church 02.26.89

I'm supposed to be at church right now, but I'm taking some time off. Church bugs me. Sometimes, I want to be good. But sometimes I want to be BAD. Really bad. With guys and stuff.

Plus, mom was getting on my case. Honestly, she makes me nuts. Since this is my new diary (my goal to finish one is officially accomplished!) I'm going to say things that are true and maybe not nice.

All of this is influenced by my mom. I want my kids to read this and be able to understand me, as a real teenager, at this stage in my life.

I hope I'm just going through a stage, but I can't stand to live with my mom another instant! I am in no way like her. We fight at least twice a day. She talks about stupid, unimportant things and has nothing to say when it comes to big things. AND she always finds some stupid excuse to stick her nose where it doesn't belong - like in my room. I'm practically an adult!

So I want my kids to know honestly what I'm like now instead of the fake crap parents always flip at us kids about them being perfect. I don't want my kids to feel as lonley, isolated, and yet boxed in, like I do now.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love it. Next time you come over remind me to show you my "empty book". I have to still have that thing... I will look for it. Full of sappy poetry and magazine clippings of couples...>sigh<

    ReplyDelete