Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



teeny boppers 02.19.89

Last night wuz crazy! I wuz supposed to go to a dance at the mall, but when I got there I found out the advertising was all mixed up and the highschools' dance is next month! There were all these teeny boppers there and it totally freaked me out! But, a lot of high school people had been there and so I wasn't the only one.

When I was walking out, feeling like a total idiot and that my night wuz ruined, I saw S. and B., two of my popular friends from THS.

We ran into M. who wuz acting dumb and said she wanted to get hashed (drunk) so S. and B. would think she wuz cool. She said she would find someone to give us wine coolers. S. and B. were all going, "Well, ok, you can hang out with us for a while then," (to M.). I was mass embarrassed!

M. took us to B.C., a pizza hang-out for all the teenagers. So, S. and B. walked up to some college guys and asked them to do us a favor. They did, so M., S., and B. went behind the theater to drink. M. chugged a whole two-liter of Berry Wine cooler. I didn't have any because I'm afraid to drink and I've never had any alcohol. But I didn't want S. and B. to think I'm a geek, so I didn't say anything. M. and S. got really drunk, but B. didn't want to drink and I didn't either, so we went back to B.C.

While we were there these guys (GORGEOUS) started hitting on me. It wuz pretty cool. They were from California! I fell in love with the one who liked like John Stamos and Judd Nelson put together! Mmmm. Yummy!

Anyway, the next thing I knew they were arranging to meet us at 1am because S. could sneak out later. (M. wuz laying down in the parking lot saying how drunk she wuz. so STUPID!)

The guys especially told me that I'd better be there. Wow! Amazing! Whoah! But when S.'s mom got there she was all pissed at S. for drinking and so I couldn't stay the night. I bet they met those guys and I DIDN'T. Poop.

Well, not to get all religious and stuf, but I really think somebody up there loves me and was protecting me. I know it. Sounds weird, especially since I couldn't possibly have the Spirit with me after standing behind a theater with people who were drinking wine coolers, but I'm sure nothing good happened with those guys. They were mass older than us and they seemed fine with it.

I won't find out what happened until tomorrow. I can't wait!

PS What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment