Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



i go, and she goes, and we go... 02.10.89

Hiya! Guess what? Well, there's a lot for an answer to that. I'm going skiing tomorrow! Yay!

Well today K. came up to me and I go, "Howz Bobby?" (the guy she likes).

And she goes, "Well today this guy wuz being perverted to me and Bobby got all pissed."

So I go, "Oh, that's so cool. Bobby likes you. I know it!"

Well later, K. showed Phoebe the guy who was being perverted to her. So Phoebe points out the perverted guy to me. And guess what? It was the guy I was supposed to go on a date with tonight. So I dumped him. Perverted guys are so gross!

Matt was all sweet today. He all came up and talked to me and when K. dragged me away to tell me the news he like, grabbed on to my arm and said he still needed to talk to me. But I had to go. When I didn't know he was there I was all hyper and goin' "I get to see N. tomorrow skiing." Then I saw Matt and he just looked at me.

Whenever he's with Emily, I barely say hi but he's all sweet and stuff when she's not around. Don't get me wrong. I like Emily.

Then I was talking to K. and K. and I'm really upset because Matt's gonna ask Emily out. And then they tell me that whenever he's around, I get really distant. And I thought, wow, like I really do. Because I'm not about to show him how I really feel.

He's supposed to ask Emily out on Valentine's day. How romantic. And utterly depressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment