Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



Broken 02.23.1989

When time has gone by
I won't feel the pain
Maybe then I won't cry
Every time I hear her call your name.

Why does this have to hurt so much
Why do I feel this way
I look away whenever I see you
Because there's nothing left to say.

She's always with you
You're perfect together, never apart
So I'm left here feeling all alone
Alone with my aching heart

I wish I could let it go
And forget you ever existed
To turn the other cheek
When I see the two of you kissing

I see you holding hands
When I hoped that hand would be mine
This heart can't take it anymore
It can only be broken so many times.

- Mikare Delsa Night {my pen name}

{A word from 2009: Goo! OMH! ucky ucky ucky zoop! ptang ptang. what tripe! what drivel! does anyone have a shovel?}

No comments:

Post a Comment