Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



Valen-UGH-GUH!-tines Day 02.14.89

What a day. Matt is officially going out with Emily. Oh well. I'm so sick of caring I could B-A-R-F. I was trying my hardest not to be depressed all day. Then, I got Valentine balloons in 5th period. They were from Phoebe! She got them for me because she knew how depressed I was. It helped me out so much.

Also, she had them delivered just before the 6th period Algebra class I have with Matt. Her note said, "Let him think someone is madly in love with you!" Phoebe is totally RAD.

So, thanks to Phoebe, I walked into 6th period with all these sweetheart balloons and Matt came up and all tried to talk to me and I was just all mysterious about it. HAH.

I have this feeling that when he came up to me that one day and wouldn't let go of my arm and tried to talk to me that I should have listened. No, I take that back. He should have tried harder. HAH. Like I said, oh well.

I'm not even mad at Phoebe anymore that Ben likes her better than me. He should! She's soooooooooo cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment