Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



the ten top reasons to overdose on nyquil. or be thankful. or whatever!

A lot to be grateful for lately, really. I'm surrounded by friends - the kind that keep my spirits up even when things go from bad to worse.

Mom gave me a book today. The title is (I'm not kidding you...) Joy! Puke-O-Rama. It's enough to make me want to overdose on Nyquil. But, I know she means well. I mean, I know I've got a lot to be thankful for, but I also have a lot to worry about, remember, and ponder.

Rob is over, for whatever that's worth. But Silas and I are doing great! We're not going out yet officially. We just keep passing notes.

This sophomore, who is actually good looking, told Emily to tell me that he likes me. I think Matt and Emily are going to break up because she likes this guy's (the sophomore's) best friend, who is also a sophomore. She says it's so much cooler to date a sophomore than a freshman.

I think Emily needs to get a grip, even though we're in the play together and she is so sweet to me. Matt is so nice and has those awesome, piercing blue eyes. But, it's not like I can tell Matt that I like him because Silas is his best friend. It's SO COMPLICATED.

The play is going great! SO much has happened! We went to Bellingham and stayed in hotels for a huge festival. I need a whole day just to write about that one weekend! But, I need some sleep. I haven't slept since Sunday night - 48 hours!

And, I still have to do some homework. Can you believe I've got a C in Algebra? It's almost a D! I've never had a C in anything in my life. It's AWESOME! I think my days of being a nerd are officially OVER.

1 comment:

  1. this is my favorite website. Nate and I get a kick out of it quite often.

    ReplyDelete