Why blog the 80s?

Due to not-so-popular yet compelling demand, I'm blogging my high school diary entries from the late eighties and early nineties.

You are more likely to enjoy this blog if:
- You were born between 1970 and 1976.
- You thought George Michael would fall in love with you if he only got to know you.
- Your Aquanet consumption easily exceeded one fushia aerosol can per month.
- You penned at least one angsty poem per week about your latest crush.
- You assiduously nursed all legitimate bouts of melancholia into sustained periods of truly impressive despair. When you consulted your journals weeks after writing about each episode, you moved yourself to tears.



deep thoughts of the sweet, bad, and spazzy 04.20.1989


"The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman.” - Jack Handy

This is Jack!

My new green tinted contact cut my eyelid. I look all swollen and gross with one huge redish brown eye and a shrunken fake green eye, like hell's demon sister. I'm sure there's a deep thought to go with that, but I picked this one because it's about how silly boys can be, and that they don't get any less silly just because they get older. Note to self!

Rob called me today from WORK. But I promise I don't like him, cuz he's a perv. Actually, this is my stupid diary, so I'm going to say that I actually heart him 4-ever, but he is just a goof.

Me and Ben are going to have to throw another party. Maybe for spring break or something. Maybe this time someone besides his little brother will want to dance with me! Just joshin.

I've been thinking a lot lately, about how imperfect I am, about school and everything that goes on there, my family of strangers, my responsibilities. None of it goes as smoothly as I want it to.

The thing is, I'm not even muddling through. I'm NOT a good person. I make an effort to try to be innocent and sweet and a lot of the time I WANT to be innocent and sweet, but sometimes I want to be BAD. Sooooo bad! And I get these thoughts in my head, especially about guys. Always about guys.

Charles is always telling me that I'm too good for Rob (as in innocent) and he's always telling Rob that I'm too naive for him. And I can see why Charles feels threatened, but he doesn't want me right now so why does he bother? I mean, he told me that M. was not being entirely truthful, that he does love me, but I'm starting to think he's more than slightly messed up in the head.

And it's really crazy how I am about Rob when I never even LOOK at guys under the age of 17. Well maybe 16. Ben is 16 but I swear I don't like him anymore.

Well, I gotta kick or I'll be totally spazzy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment